- Network: Unaffiliated
- Principal investigator: Heidi Steltzer
- PI-affiliated institution: Fort Lewis College
- Primary IGBP ecosystem type: Snow and Ice
- Dominant plant functional type: Snow and Ice
- Recent and historic disturbance and management events that may affect this site:
- Temperature extreme: Heat wave or freeze
- Flux data collection:
- Start date: July 1999
- End date: September 1999
- Flux methods:
- Eddy covariance
- Optical data collection:
- Start date: June 2004
- End date: September 2004
- Data collection period: Various: Continuous operation: Variable collected continuously with the reported method; Intermittent: Variable collected intermittently with the reported method; Periodic operation: Variable collected part of the year with the reported method
- Data scale: Stand
- Collection methods: Tower
- Types of data collected: NDVI, PAR, PYR, Optical sampling
- Horwath, J. L., and R. S. Sletten. "Large and small scale mapping of High Arctic vegetation by NDVI: Thule, Greenland." AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts. Vol. 1. 2004.
Shaver, G. R., et al. "Functional convergence in regulation of net CO2 flux in heterogeneous tundra landscapes in Alaska and Sweden." Journal of Ecology 95.4 (2007): 802-817.
Steltzer, Heidi, and Jeffrey M. Welker. "Modeling the effect of photosynthetic vegetation properties on the NDVI-LAI relationship." Ecology 87.11 (2006): 2765-2772.
Sullivan, Patrick F., et al. "Temperature and microtopography interact to control carbon cycling in a high arctic fen." Ecosystems 11.1 (2008): 61-76.
External home page: http://depts.washington.edu/icylands/projects/thule/thuleproj.php