France: O3HP - Oak Observatory at the OHP
- Network: Unaffiliated
- Principal investigator: Luc Arnold
- PI-affiliated institution: CNRS - OHP "Observatoire de Haute-Provence"
- Primary IGBP ecosystem type: Deciduous Broadleaf Forests
- Dominant plant functional type: Deciduous Broadleaf trees
- Recent and historic disturbance and management events that may affect this site:
- Drought: Prolonged water deficiency; hydrologic or climatic drought.
- Forestry: Forest management such as logging of any kind, plantation planting, or herbicide application.
- Temperature extreme: Heat wave or freeze
- Flux data collection:
- Start date: July 2014
- End date: Ongoing
- Flux methods:
- Eddy covariance-periodic (two projects)
- Gradients-continuously (ICOS atmosphere)
- Optical data collection:
- Start date: July 2015
- End date: Ongoing
- Data collection period: Various: Continuous operation: Variable collected continuously with the reported method; Intermittent: Variable collected intermittently with the reported method; Periodic operation: Variable collected part of the year with the reported method
- Data scale: Leaf, Stand
- Collection methods: Manual, Tower
- Types of data collected: LiDAR (PBLH and aerosol Lidar, lower 0-5 km and upperatmosphere 5-xx km ), NDVI (tower @ 50m, 5' interval), PAR (above, and within canopy, 1" interval), PRI (tower @ 50m, 5' interval), PYR (above canopy, 1" interval), Relative Humidity (0.5m, 1.5m,, 4m, 6m,10m, 50m 100m (canopy height 5m), 2' interval), Webcam (tower (100m) view (visual waveband) on the stand, with zoom to the canopy, mainly for phenological observations), aerosol, & UV (total vertical column, UV above canopy), Canopy structure (optical: Leaf Area Index (LAI-2000), manual: branch and crown space Leaf Area Density), Leaf pigment data (HPLC: Chlorophylls and carotenoids, spectrophotometer: chlorophylls and total carotenoids), Surface and air temperature (air temperature, below crown, within and above crown), Species composition (manual).